Historical Blog Series: Sequoia High School

Historical Blog Series: Sequoia High School

Established in 1895, Sequoia High School was the first secondary educational institution between San Francisco and Santa Clara. By 1920 a larger campus and school was needed. Roy W. Cloud, Superintendent of Schools of San Mateo County, made a strong request to the purchase land at El Camino Real and Brewster to be used as the site for the new high school campus. Students occupied this campus in 1924, and to this day Sequoia High School students attend class on the same property.

Read More